Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Full Scope Poly definition (Read 16661 times)
Daysleeper
New User

Full Scope Poly definition
Jul 22nd, 2004 at 2:43am
Print Post  
I am a prior FBI employee and I have a upcoming interview with a DOD contractor. The position requires a "Full-Scope" polygraph. My question is: what is the definition of a "Full-Scope" poly v-s a "Lifestyle?'

I'm under the impression I had a FBI "Full" because I was prior Navy with a TS clearance. They asked me the normal drug/life questions during the poly, but they also asked if I ever gave away classified info while in the Navy?

Did I have a "Full-Scope?" Thanks!!

IP Logged

George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Full Scope Poly definition
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2004 at 6:58am
Print Post  
A full-scope polygraph examination includes relevant questions about lifestyle issues (typically drug use, crimes, and, in some cases, sexual behavior) that are not included in a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination (wherein the relevant questions are limited to issues of espionage, sabotage, and terrorism).

In common parlance, the terms "full-scope" and "lifestyle" are are often used interchangably with regard to polygraph examinations.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2004 at 11:05am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: maschke@antipolygraph.org
Wire: @georgemaschke
Threema: S7TK4RXR
PGP Public Key: 316A947C
PGP Public Key (offline): 2BF4374B
Postal mail: Van Trigtstraat 53, 2597 VX The Hague, The Netherlands
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo